Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nerd Alert

I am an admitted nerd, so it should not be too surprising that I added the Daily Literary Quote application to my Google homepage. Every morning when I sit down with my tea for the day's first check of email and news, I am greeted by a quote from an author or an excerpt from a piece of literature. Today's quote gave me goosebumps and made me miss Anne (with an e) more than I thought it was possible to miss a fictional character. I wish that I could go back in time and meet Anne Shirley, Matthew and Marilla, and Diana Barry all over again.

It was November-the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines, Anne roamed through the pineland alleys in the park and, as she said, let the great sweeping wind blow the fogs out of her soul.
~L.M. Montgomery


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose