Saturday, November 20, 2010

Let it Rain!

Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
And I love the rain. 
~Langston Hughes



Today I'm most thankful that I did not spend the day on the open sea being battered by the wind and rain. I woke up this morning and dressed in multiple layers because the sailing lesson people told us that we would sill have class if it was raining because it would make us "better sailors." Just as I was coming to terms with the fact that I would be spending the next five hours cold, wet, and trying to avoid a watery death, the sailing school called to break the "bad news" that the class had been canceled. Rainy day fun ensued!



There was a trip to the gym, a long nap, a trip to the mall with my day, cuddling on the couch with my husband, and pizza delivery for dinner. It was an all-around delightfully cozy rainy day. More of the same on the agenda for tomorrow. Hurrah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose