Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

After the great renting debacle of 2010, I'm very happy to finally be settled in our new, old place. Although we are two doors down from the apartment we had when we first lived in this complex a year and a half ago, we have the same floor plan as before as well as the exact same view of the glorious Vons across the street. I'm trying to move some things around a little so that it doesn't feel like we have fallen through some sort of wormhole and traveled back in time... I'm not sure why I started going into all of this, but let's assume it was just a preface to my daily bit of gratitude.

Today, I am thankful for the roof over my head and my newly discovered picture hanging ability. I have been bugging, nagging, sweetly asking Tom to hang our pictures up since we moved in mid-September. To be fair, I do always ask him to do it when we are on the way out the door or in the middle of a Back to the Future marathon. In any event, I finally decided to attempt it myself, and in a moment of wild abandon, I decided to hang the pictures over the fireplace as opposed to over the couch where we hung them in the last place. I like to live on the edge, what can I say?

Now, visual-spatial reasoning has never been my thing. I think this explains my lack of coordination and grace in athletic endeavors, but I digress. Point is - it took me about 45 minutes and about 15 more holes than were strictly necessary, but I finally put up our mini photo/art gallery.


In other news, today is day one of my week without television. It's not that I watch all that much television, but I find myself turning it on just to have it on, especially when Tom isn't home. Soooo, I'm kicking the mindless TV habit with a week-long fast. The first obvious benefit of not watching television in the evening is that you find other, more interesting things to fill your time, and tonight I'm also grateful for the wonderful evening of music that Tom and I enjoyed at the Belly Up this evening.



Most well known for Walking in Memphis, Marc Cohn has a bunch of other great songs and he tells a hell of a story, so it was an all around great show. It's after midnight now though, and I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open, so I'm going to go be thankful for my soft pillow and warm bed. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose