Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gratitude


{Without the internet, I might never have seen this, and that would be tragic.}
                                                                                               Source: bayanjargal.com via Kate on Pinterest


As I did last year, I am going to use November as an opportunity to reflect on all of the many things I have to be thankful for. I remembered that I wanted to do this around midnight on November 1st, so I'm getting off to a late start, but that's pretty par for the course.

Because I'm getting off to a late start, I'm going to start of with an easy one. I'm thankful the internet. Occasionally I have fantasized about what it would have been like to live in days of yore, days when women wore flouncy dresses and men wore...hats, but the sartorial benefits would not be enough to make up for the lack of the internet.

The wonderful worldwide web makes my life infinitely easier, and the instant access to a seemingly unlimited supply of information satisfies my every curiosity. In addition to all its practical uses, the internet offers an endless supply of happy diversions, things that I wouldn't miss if they didn't cross my path but that inspire me or make me smile or make me nod my head in agreement. I've shared some of my favorite internet finds before, but there are just so many of them that I may have to make a habit of posting them from time to time.


So, without further ado, here are a few reasons that I am thankful for the internet:

*There are whole websites devoted to sharing pictures of interspecies friendship. It's almost too much...I mean...it's just...have you ever?
                                                                                              Source: animals-zone.com via Pinterest

{This is a cute story; you can read it here.}

                                                                                             Source: isuwannee.com via Pinterest
                                                                                     Source: bannedinhollywood.com via Pinterest


*It is full of like-minded people who validate my strong feelings about grammar.

                                                                                                    Source: google.com via Pinterest


                                                                                                      Source: polyvore.com via Pinterest

 (On a related note, there are many blogs dedicated to exposing rampant grammatical abuses. These include The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks and Apostrophe Catastrophe where I found the next three images. Knowing that I'm not the only who is constantly corrects signage makes me feel a little less alone.)

                                                                                          Source: unnecessaryquotes.com via Pinterest


                                                                                      Source: apostrophecatastrophes.com via Pinterest


                                                                                   Source: apostrophecatastrophes.com via Pinterest


*It provides a place for super-talented people to sell their wares to everyone without having to schlep to hundreds of craft fairs around the country. Seriously, I could lose hours on Etsy.

 
                                                                                                 Source: etsy.com via  Pinterest
                                                                                                 Source: etsy.com via  Pinterest
                                                                                                        Source: etsy.com via  Pinterest

                                                                                              Source: etsy.com via Kate on Pinterest


*There is never a shortage of crafty inspiration.
                 I saw this:
                                                                                                 Source: etsy.com via Pinterest
         
And then I made this:
           I saw this:
                                                                                              Source: cafemom.com via Pinterest
         
         And then I made this:

         
           I saw this:
                                                                                     Source: craftycpa.blogspot.com via Pinterest
         
          And then I made these:
          
        I came across this recently:
                                                                                         Source: witandwhistle.com via Pinterest
       
          And...I'm workin' on it.

 *It is an endless wellspring of inspiration, and it fills me up with ideas about...

  ---places I want to go
{Mammoth Cavern, Vietnam}
                                                                                 Source: ngm.nationalgeographic.com via Pinterest
       
---recipes I want to try
{roasted eggplant with tomato and mint}
                                                                                           Source: smittenkitchen.com via Pinterest

---gifts I want to wrap
                                                                                                Source: blogs.babble.com via Pinterest

---parties I want to throw
                                                                                            Source: marthastewart.com via Kate on Pinterest
    
Finally, without the internet, I would not have been instantly alerted to the fact that Kim Kardashian had filed for divorce. Ok, so maybe that's not exactly a point in the internet's favor...

                                                                                             Source: someecards.com via Katie on Pinterest



In all seriousness, I could go on and on. Clearly. Thankfully, the internet, in its infinite wisdom, has graciously provided us with a place to store and categorize all of the wonders it offers. You can see many more of my favorite things from around the internet here.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose