Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tradition!

When I read the title of this post, it sounds like Tevye in my head ("Without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky as... as... as a fiddler on the roof!"). Tra-di-tion! Oh here, see for yourself.

                        
                                                                           {Skip to 5:50 to see Tevye bust a move.}

Ok, before I lost 15 minutes to Fiddler on the Roof clips on YouTube (If I Were a Rich Man and Matchmaker, fyi), I was going to attempt to finish out my half-assed attempt at daily gratitude by saying that I am grateful for, you guessed it, tradition

I think that is why this is my favorite time of year. November and December are packed with traditions, and I love them all. Normally I don't like watching movies I've already seen, but every year I will settle in for It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott version, obviously), The Family Man, and Love Actually. And because getting married means combining your spouse's holiday traditions with your own, I add Christmas Vacation to that list. The more traditions, the merrier. 

 
The day after Thanksgiving marks the beginning of Christmas tradition season, and we kicked it off right. After sleeping off our turkey hangovers, Tom and I made our annual pilgrimage to the Del for lunch and a peek at their Christmas decorations. We've done this every year since we started dating, and it's my favorite way to start getting into the holiday spirit. This year's theme is "Silver Bells."

 

The Dr. Seuss traveling sculpture garden is back as well.
 
 Much more tradition documenting to come. In the meantime...Joy to the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose