Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekending - Summer Fun Edition

My first week of summer vacation was blissful, and it concluded with the perfect San Diego weekend.

Saturday
I accompanied Tom to Old Time Music under the pretense that he was just dropping off a guitar to be repaired. In reality, he spent twenty minutes canoodling with various prohibitively expensive guitars while I entertained myself (and I suspect, the proprietors of Old Time Music) by taking pictures.

Random.
After brunch, we headed to Belmont Park for some arcade fun. I am pretty much an expert at Skee-Ball.


 We used our tickets to buy a sweet water gun.


After approximately 4.5 minutes we grew bored with said water pistol, so Tom handed it to a little kid whose mom wasn't looking... When she turned around and saw that her four-year-old was suddenly the proud owner of a loaded water gun, I tried to apologize for my husband's arming of her son, but she didn't speak English so I went with an apologetic shrug.

Next, we strolled down to the Wave House and ran into some mariachis on the way.

Reason #387 why I love Southern California - Beach Mariachis

This would have been a cool shot if my husband weren't such a jerk.




We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying cocktails and the sun.


Sunday
I got myself to the gym before picking up our farm box...cilantro, kale, onions, carrots, lettuce, zucchini, strawberries, peaches, avocados, plums, and oranges.





Then we helped ourselves to the pool at the hotel where we got married...we figured they owed us. More accurately, they owe my parents, we're just helping to collect.


To finish up the weekend, we headed to my parents place for one of the final feasts in their apartment. And what a feast it was ... homemade bread, grilled vegetables, and shrimp! Oh the shrimp!  They were little crustacean masterpieces that perfectly showcased my father's growing culinary prowess. (That good enough, Dad?)

 Yumbo!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose