Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fluid

Today is Father's Day, and to celebrate, my family (with the palpable absence of my brother) headed to the beach in Coronado. Coronado has always felt like home to me. I love Vermont, and it will always have a place in my heart, but as my dad has said, I have sand in my veins. Plus, legend has it that beach was my first word... Either way, Coronado has always been uniquely special to me... Even during college, when I hadn't lived there for over ten years, I wrote an essay about Coronado for my Landscape Spirituality course. Yep, Landscape Spirituality. I just checked my transcript to verify...it was an art seminar and we had to write about our "sacred space."

Anyway, point is - celebrating Father's Day in Coronado felt appropriate. As I said tonight at dinner, I hit the parent/family jackpot... Spending the afternoon at the beach was also incredibly convenient as the random word prompt for day six of Creativity Boot Camp was fluid.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose