Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hush

hush (v): to be or become silent or still

hush (n): silence or stillness, especially after noise 

This is something that I need more of in my life. I need to hush more. Aside from the ten minutes before I fall asleep at night, I don't spend any time just being still. I'd like to, and I have tried, but as soon as I settle in to attempt some sort of  meditative reflection, my mind starts racing. I think of ever other thing I could or should be doing-things like cleaning, exercising, cooking, planning for school, catching up on phone calls, figuring out what I should do with my life, and on and on. And so, I get up and go about checking things off of my to-do list.

What I am realizing is that I am never going to get to the bottom of the to-do list, and all the multi-tasking in the world isn't going to change that. I am going to try to be more like this guy...



Look at Buddha.

 He's so...beatific.

He's not thinking about what he needs to get at the store later.

He's certainly not obsessing about his abnormally large ears or even the fact that his eyebrows are dangerously close to chola territory.

                                             {Buddha}                                       {chola}

He's just being.

 I am still struggling with not seeing this as a huge waste of time, but I'm working on it.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose