Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


Last weekend marked the third annual Fall Extravaganza at which we carved pumpkins, overate, and cheered for the Giants. Jaime was, as usual, an outstanding hostess, setting up a Martha- and Oprah-inspired grilled cheese bar. I made bacon-wrapped dates and apple cake, Meghan presented red velvet cupcakes, and Lynette brought mini chicken and pumpkin tostada bites. I was too busy stuffing my face to take many pictures, but suffice it to say, it was delightful.


{Cheese choices!}


After the food orgy, there were pumpkins to be carved... Ours did not last the week, and were delivered to the dumpster a couple of days before Halloween. They were cute while they lasted though.


Tonight, for the actual holiday, Tom and I headed to my parents' place in Coronado for dinner and some oohing and aahing at the adorable kiddie costumes and some scoffing at the half-hearted teenage "costumes." This time, I made these carrot cake cookies and Halloweened 'em up spider web style.


My fam does it up but good for holidays!

{Mama Witch and Papa Pirate}
{Buckley as Zorro, Mo as Flapper}

{Greeting the trick-or-treaters}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose