Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Friday Felicities - Belated

This post is belated because on Friday, I was too busy enjoying some of the things that make me happy to blog about them.

First things first though. Things to be happy about from last week:

  • Lincoln and Washington - These guys made me happy on Monday because the observation of their birthdays meant no school. 
{Not sure what these two are up to, but this is the first image that came up when I googled Lincoln and Washington. Apparently it is Apotheosis of Washington and Lincoln by S. J. Ferris circa 1865.}
  • Art Stores - I walked into Artist and Craftsman Supply and spent a good half hour wandering around imagining all of the crafty magic I could whip up with the plethora of pretty paper, glitter, paints, and clay on the shelves.




 
  • Window Seats - Normally, I am an aisle seat girl. However, on short flights like the 54 minute one from San Diego to San Francisco, when I don't have to worry about climbing over people to use the bathroom, I am all about the window seat.
{Landing at SFO}

  • San Francisco - I love visiting this city so much that I can even overlook the fact that the thermometer struggled to rise above forty-five degrees.
 
{Alhambra and Mallorca}
  • College Friends Who Easily Make the Transition to Lifelong Friends - The best part of San Francisco is, of course, that it is home to one of my favorite people in the world. 





  • Surprises - When I decided to make the journey to San Francisco for Kelsey's 30th, this is the moment I was most looking forward to:




Kelsey's husband Chris picked me up at the airport and brought me to their apartment   where Kelsey was very surprised to see me when she returned home from her hair appointment. After a delicious dinner, we delivered Kelsey to her sister Annie's apartment for the second surprise of the evening - a surprise part complete with birthday banner, cupcakes, and cocktails.




  • Cover Bands - After the evening's second surprise, we continued Kelsey's birthday celebration at the Red Devil Lounge where we got our swerve on to the sweet sounds of Pop Rocks. It's possible that this is the multiple Greyhounds talking, but I'm pretty sure that these guys were awesome. Anyone who can convincingly rock Jesse's Girl and then seamlessly transition California Girls (singing Katy Perry's part and Snoop's part) all while wearing a pirate costume is alright in my book.
  •  Saffron Risotto with Seared Diver Scallops - I have no picture of this as I was too busy stuffing my face to stop and get my camera out. Suffice it to say that the food was wonderful and the company even better at the birthday dinner in which Kelsey's family was kind enough to include me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose