Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Easy Being Green

After a long weekend of hunting, Tom and I finally tracked down my new vehicle late yesterday afternoon. When I came to terms with fact that the Jetta was officially out of commission, I knew that it was time to put my money where my mouth is and go for the hybrid.

I mean really, have you seen An Inconvenient Truth? No? Well, let me fill you in. The polar bears are drowning because they can't find the they can't find icebergs to rest on, and they can't find the icebergs because the icebergs are melting, and the icebergs are melting because we like to let our Hummers idle so as to leave the air conditioning on while our friend runs into the store to pick up a six pack because God forbid we roll the window down and breathe the polluted air. And the plastic rings that hold the six pack together? They're eventually going to strangle a penguin. At least that's what Al Gore said.

{This guy just got lucky. Look how teeny tiny his iceberg is!}
So, in order to save the polar bears, I bought a Prius and I only drink microbrews that are locally sourced and come in recycled, biodegradable carriers.


So what if my new car looks a little bit like a spaceship that got stuck in a wind tunnel? It's well worth it if I can cut emissions by even 25% on my fifty mile round-trip commute. Look how relaxed the polar bears are now.


Plus, think of all the new tops I can get with the money I save on gas...

{Antilles Tank, English Rose Kimono Blouse}

And just for good measure, more polar bears...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose