Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Indoctrination Part I

Due to yet another round of standardized testing for which we have to completely remodel the schedule and abandon any hope of implementing a regular lesson, I had one group of kids for four hours today and will have another group for four hours tomorrow. Faced with the prospect of wrangling teenage attention spans for twice as long as I usual, I decided that I had better be enthusiastic about the topic. Since shocking my students out of complacency is one of my favorite activities, I decided to try to guide them toward the realization that a 32 ounce Monster and a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos does not a balanced breakfast make. I fear my message may have been somewhat undermined by the school-provided, testing day breakfast of a toasted "cheese" sandwich stuffed with pickled jalapeƱos...because, you know, we want them to eat a healthy breakfast so they can stay focused on the big important tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose