Thursday, April 22, 2010

April Showers


It has been a very wet winter and spring here in Southern California, and I could not be happier about it.  I would never think to complain about San Diego's near perfect weather. In fact, I'm not sure that anyone in her right mind would have a bad thing to say about an average of 267 sunny days a year. However, sometimes the mere presence of all of that glorious vitamin D feels like a lot of pressure...

You see, I am still recovering from a sunshine deficit that is the result of thirteen years in New England where two consecutive days of sun is cause for major celebration. I am now well aware that sunshine is no longer a rare commodity, yet every time I open the blinds to see a clear blue sky, I feel an immediate, physical need to take advantage of the beautiful weather. I mean, really, I feel obligated to go to the beach and revel in the sunshine; it is soooooo difficult. Anyway, the point is, I love, love, love a rainy day because it means that I can get cozy on the couch, guilt free.

Plus, I get to wear these super cute rain boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose