Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thank you, Mr. Jobs.

{If you haven't found it yet, keep looking.}
There will be much reflection in the coming days on how much Steve Jobs and Apple have changed the way we interact with information and each other. His contributions to modern technology are remarkable, and Apple products really are ubiquitous in the first world. I count six Apple products currently in my living room, and that's not counting the iPod in the kitchen or the Mac mini in the guest room.

{And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.}
Nevertheless, tonight I am most grateful, not for the many wonders of my iPhone (wondrous as they may be), but for Jobs' words of wisdom, specifically, the advice he imparted in the commencement address that he gave at Stanford in 2005. I had not seen it before tonight, but it was exactly what I needed to hear at this moment in my life.

                         

Jobs' thoughts on death are particularly poignant now, and my thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family. It seems like he was quite a guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose