Monday, October 3, 2011

Picnic and Hike in Griffith Park

A couple of weekends ago, Tom and I tackled item number six  on my list of things to do in Los Angeles. I packed the fixings for chicken caesar wraps, and we headed to Griffith Park. On the recommendation of a guy we met at a birthday party the night before, we decided to hike the Mt. Hollywood trail.

We parked at Griffith Observatory and easily found the trail. It was a short hike, only about a mile and a half to the to peak.  As you near the summit,  you are about level with the Hollywood sign on neighboring Mt. Lee, and once you reach the top, you are rewarded with 360 degree views of Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley.




I neglected to take a picture of the Valley side. I did, however, get a picture of this guy...
{I felt like I was watching the "astounding mating dance of the birds of paradise."}

After finishing the hike, we headed for the shade and picnic tables by the Greek Theater and laid out our feast.

Then we ate it.

Up next - fun with Ice Age fossils at the La Brea Tar Pits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose