Wednesday, January 5, 2011

To Do Before...Death

 
I love lists, particularly to-do lists although top ten lists, shopping lists, and wish lists are pretty great as well. There is just nothing like crossing things off of a to-do list to make me feel productive and like I at least approximate a contributing member of society. My list of thirty things to do before I turned thirty was a kind of glorified to-do list, and as with most to-do lists I make, some things got done and some things didn't. Still, it was nice having a list of things to do that went beyond grade essays, go to the store, clean the bathroom. Plus, it's easier to blow off grading, grocery shopping, and bathroom cleaning for hot air ballooning when it's on the list.

I've had a life to-do list in the back of my brain (and probably a diary somewhere) since at least high school, and Tom and I started writing one on our honeymoon, but I thought it would be nice to have it all in one place. I'm posting it here, hoping that the public posting will help hold me accountable and give me the push I need to resist the lure of an America's Next Top Model marathon in favor of crossing something off the list instead. Beside, if it's not on the internet, it's not real, right?

I'm gong to shoot to have one hundred things on the list, but if I wait until I come up with that many,... Well, let's just say, I may be able to resist Tyra, but I can't abandon Oprah now. I owe it to her to do my part to help her new network succeed, and those episodes of Gayle's new show are not going to watch themselves. Here it is so far.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope Im sitting next to you when you are eating sushi in Japan :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose