Thursday, February 21, 2013

Soooo, I'm Pretty Much a Rock Photographer Now

Last Friday night, Tom had to go to a show at the Fonda to take some pictures of Nicole Atkins, a Yamaha artist, using her prized Yamaha gear. To do this, he had to get a photo pass since the Fonda is fancy like that. The photo pass gets you down in front of the stage for the first three songs of each set; it also means that the burly bouncer won't yell at you and try to take your camera away.

Nicole was the opener, and she was great. She was funny, and she has great hair, and the girl can sing. So not fair. While I reflected on the great injustice of my inability to carry a tune enjoyed the show, Tom got some great shots.
After Nicole's set, Tom peeled the photo pass off his shirt, stuck it to mine, and pushed me into the photo pit to photograph the headliners, a band called The Eels. I felt incredibly awkward at first since there were several legit photographers with huge, fancy cameras maneuvering around down there, but I managed to stay out of the way and have some fun. The moral of the story is that Tom is an excellent, supportive husband who realizes that sometimes I need a little push, literally in this case.

Now, I had never heard of The Eels before last Friday, but I'm assuming that my photos will launch them to the heights of rock superstardom.

{I'm not sure what's going on here, but I think that Eel wants a hug.}
Being the sweet and supportive husband that he is, Tom captured my first foray into rock photography for posterity. Here I am pretending like I know what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose