Friday, February 1, 2013

2013 Reboot

I've decided that 2013 is actually starting today. February 1st is the new New Year! Actually, I would like to suggest that we all embrace Chinese New Year. There is simply not enough time between all Christmas festivities and New Year's Eve to properly wrap up the old year whilst simultaneously replacing all of the toffee and rum cake in your house with spinach and skinless chicken breasts in order to start a virtuous new life on January first. Chinese New Year would provide us all with a much more reasonable time frame. Food for thought.

Anyway, I had the best of intentions as 2012 came to a close. I planned to start the new year fresh, re-energized; I wanted to return to regular blogging, and generally shake off 2012. Somehow, however, the magical flip of the calendar from 2012 to 2013 didn't magically flip my state of mind. January was filled with the general state of "meh" that characterized a lot of 2012. Not that there was anything terribly wrong; I was just feeling very...beige. That's the universal color of meh, you know. And a beige-y sense of meh does not make for inspired blogging. 
{meh}

So, I'm starting 2013 over today, and I'm shaking off the beige. Say it...beige. Beige is a gross word. It's aliases are no better: oatmeal, putty, khaki, mushroom, taupe. All appropriately repellent, but I digress. Point is, it's time to repaint.

February being the month of hearts and roses and such, I going for something in the pink family, Honeysuckle if you will. According to Pantone, "the authority on color" (says them), this puts me two years behind the times since this year's color is Emerald, last year's color was Tangerine Tango, and 2011's color was Honeysuckle. To be fair, all are an improvement on beige, or Sand Dollar as Pantone wisely renamed it when it had its moment in 2006. Whatevs, Pantone, I'm sticking with Honeysuckle. 



 Sounds just about perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose