Sunday, May 16, 2010

Midweek Escape Part I

Knowing my affinity for the soft rock of the baby boomer generation, my lovely husband surprised me this Valentine's Day with tickets to see James Taylor and Carole King at the Hollywood Bowl. Thanks to my mad Priceline skills, we were able to get a great deal on a hotel in West Hollywood, so Tom and I took off after work on Wednesday for a little midweek adventure in L.A. 

First stop after checking in was one of Tom's favorite old haunts, Barney's Beanery for dinner  and drinks with Tom's brother Michael and his girlfriend Judie.



Unfortunately, it was karaoke night, and the only respite to be found was in the bathroom where I entertained myself with some self portraits and a shot of Janis peeking out from a stall.



When karaoke became too much to bare, Michael and Judie called it a night, and Tom and I decided to move the party down the street to the Belmont for another drink, okay...two more.



All of a sudden it was after two in the morning, and we found ourselves exceptionally grateful for the late checkout we had finagled.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose