Friday, May 20, 2011

Felicities

Things to be happy about:

*family fun time
My brother and his fiancee Erin arrived in San Diego on Tuesday night. Having the whole family together is cause enough for celebration, but having the family together while also enjoying Mexican food and a Padres game that the Padres actually win? Perfection. Michael and Erin have remained rather elusive, but I will be sure to capture them on film before the weekend is over.

{chips and queso at Miguel's}
{What the hell? Mo and Buckley - super weird, as per usual.}




* flowering trees
You have to pay attention in order to appreciate the seasons in Southern California, but it's really worth it when you do. All of San Diego's streets are lined in purple right now thanks to the Jacaranda trees.



*live music, specifically Melly Frances and the Distilled Spirits
I always enjoy watching Tom do what he loves...plus, they're damn good.



*sincere apologies
The other day one of my students was being particularly challenging (that's the nice way of saying that he was acting like an ass), and among other things, he intentionally broke one of my colored pencils. In the moment, he expressed no remorse. I asked him why he thought it was okay to destroy my belongings, and he answered, "Whatever, it's only a pencil!" I was furious, but the next day he sheepishly handed me the following note.

{Clearly, we need to do some more work on verb tense.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose