Monday, December 7, 2009

29 Candles



I've answered "Twenty-nine" to the How old are you? question several times over the past few months. Maybe that is because I have been thinking about this birthday since at least July. At least, that is when the idea for the list first started its impossible-to-ignore tap dance in my mind. 

Something about 29 seemed significant: an official goodbye to my twenties, a last chance to do the things only a twenty-something can get away with... It is also possible that I didn't want to be stuck with a shrug and a "Oh, I don't know..." as a response to my father's yearly question, "Any reflections?" Hell yes, I have reflections! This time next year? I'm going to have reflections that will knock your socks off.

In any event, this is my first step toward crossing thirty things off of my life to-do list before I turn 30...in exactly 365 days. One of my goals is to take  one picture every day for a year. These aren't mine, but they qualify as inspiration. So it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose