Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Felicities

So many things to be happy about this week...

*Lucy=puppy Prozac! I don't have any data to prove this, but anecdotal evidence supports my theory that it is impossible to be unhappy whilst cuddling a baby animal mammal (fish and birds prove difficult to cuddle and are not reliably adorable, even as babies). Cuddling might not even be required, I think that mere proximity to a baby mammal serves as a pretty significant mood elevator.




*Coronado's ability to retain its small town feel despite the fact that it is minutes away from a city of over 1.3 million makes me happy. On my way home from a lovely afternoon visit with my parents and Lucy, I held up traffic to let a lovely duck couple on their evening walk pass by. No one honked.


*Lots of sun and temperatures in the upper seventies have made it feel like summer around here. The roses outside of the main office at school have exploded this week. They smell even better than they look, thereby making my frequent daily trips to the copy machine, restroom, etc a welcome break from the slightly less pleasant smell of hormonal teenagers (That's redundant, isn't it?) who have just completed a two hour PE class.



*Yet another thing to be happy about - trying out trendy, impractical shoes on the cheap. Heading out for a date with the hubs tonight, so I decided to swing by H&M for something snazzy for the evening. Since I'm spending an evening out of my slippers, I might as well go all out with unnecessary zippers.


{See ya, slippers.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose