Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Around the Neighborhood with Ms. Luella Bates Washington Jones


Working at home is great, but it has it's hazards, not the least of which is the close proximity of both the couch and the kitchen. In an effort to combat the temptation to nap and/or make baked goods that seems to strike around 3:30 every day, I've been taking a lot of late afternoon walks.

The other day, I walked by a house where a cat was keeping watch from the front step. As soon as he saw me pass his walkway, he ran out and started walking next to me. He walked with me for the rest of the block and then went on his merry way.


Cats are weird.




Window shopping is more like window admiring around here since the shops in my 'hood are on the high end of the spectrum. Sadly, Vera Wang and Carolina Herrera are not exactly in the budget at the moment. But, oh aren't the windows pretty?



This particular store, Neil Lane to be precise, comes with it's own security... I'm assuming that part of his job involves checking your credit score before he lets you in.

This guy doesn't live in my neighborhood, but I couldn't leave him out. His home is the window of a boxing studio (boxing club?) next door to the salon manly haircut place where Tom gets his hair done cut in San Diego.


So the moral of the story is: walking is fun and less likely to lead to a mirror-induced panic disorder come bikini shopping season than mid-afternoon bingeing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose