Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Every November, the magazine stands start filling up with cheery covers that promise crafty delights, gift guides, and recipes for all kinds of Christmas goodies. And every November, I buy them all. I can't help it...they're so sparkly and pretty!

Added bonus of the December issue of O...this month we don't just get the usual one Oprah cover.
Yay! Three Oprahs! But, hold on, it doesn't stop there...
No way, six Oprahs! Just when you thought it couldn't get any better...
That's right, not one, not three, not six, but nine Oprahs dancing! It's a Christmas miracle! Oh, Oprah, sometimes you make it very difficult for me to continue to defend you. Tell you what, make sure that I win the Favorite Things contest, and we'll call it even.

Anyway, the point is, things are feeling real Christmas-y over here. Right now, I have my Christmas playlist on, and I'm about to curl up on the couch with my stack of magazines. Then I'm going to dog ear all sorts of ambitious holiday projects and rip out recipes for sugar cookies and the elaborate instructions for decorating them. Then I'll contemplate actually doing some of these activities. Then Tom will get home and make fun of all the dancing Oprahs. I'll halfheartedly defend her good name, and then we will enjoy a special holiday meal that consists only of wine, cheese, and fruit. 'Tis the season!


In other news, it looks like The Atlantic didn't get the memo about the whole sparkly, feel-good December cover thing...
Although, at least one of their writers seems to share Tom's feelings on Oprah...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose