Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Birthdays and the Beach - Scenes from the Weekend

This weekend Tom and I headed back to San Diego to celebrate my mom's birthday. I don't know what it is with my parents and agreeing to work on their birthdays when it's not strictly necessary, but my mom somehow ended up spending most of her birthday tending to the needs of others. I guess that's about par for the course for her though... In any event, we got a glass of champagne in her hand as soon as she walked in the door.
{A few glasses of wine and she managed to put the particularly ornery, "bowel fixated" patient out of her mind.}
In addition to the celebrating, there was lots of relaxing to be done.
After we had sufficiently relaxed, we took on the task of taking Lucy to the beach. Apparently this task requires silly hats and backpack chairs.

Once at the beach, we got our fetch on.
 As long as she didn't get distracted by another dog/a pile of seaweed/her own shadow, Lucy was pretty committed to returning the ball.
 And we were quite willing to throw it again because...well, she looks hilarious coming and going.


Other canines reveling in the glory that is Dog Beach in late August:
{Ok, maybe they weren't all reveling...he looks kind of scared.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose