Saturday, February 6, 2010

All Things Considered...


David Folkenflik, Nell Greenfieldboyce, Frank Langfitt, Kai Ryssdal,  Steve Inskeep, Soraya Sarhaddi Nelson. I listen for their thorough reporting and insightful commentary, but I also delight in their names. Yuki Noguchi, Ofeibea Quist-Arcton, Lakshmi Singh, Dina Temple-Raston, Nina Totenberg. Because, you know, in addition to public radio, white people also really like diversity and having two last names. Who am I kidding? I truly enjoy most of the things on the list of Stuff White People Like. I hate that I am such a cliche, but come on... Hummus? The Daily Show? Oscar Parties? What's not to like? Now that I am in the throws of a food revolution, I can add organic food to the list of evidence that I am, in fact, a white person.

I digress, the point was...NPR. NPR is awesome, makes me feel smarter, and devotes only a small percentage of its airwaves to musings on the future of Tiger's career. The names of the reporters and commentators, however, do kill me, so I was embarrassingly excited when I came across this website and the Discover Your NPR Name game.  It entertained me for a moment so I thought I'd share the two easy steps for joining the ranks of Lakshmi, Soraya, and the gang.
  1. Take the first letter of your middle name and insert it some where in your first name.
  2. Replace your last name with the name of the smallest foreign town you have ever visited.
With that, I am Katge Artemonas, signing off.

This photo is totally unrelated other than that I saw it on the NPR website, but it's painfully cute... Someone should probably tell that guy with the list that white people also really like pandas.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose